Blogroll

Tuesday 10 December 2013

About time for a little update

| | 0 comments


So it's been a long long long time since the last post. I actually took pictures for my 10 sur 10 in November but never got the chance to post them and then today I totally forgot that it was the 10th until like half an hour ago, so I'm gonna start it again in January (if I remember...).

In the last two months lots has happened, so this is gonna be more of a summary with lots of pictures.

November
  • Early November, I headed to Lyon for a day to meet up with a friend and to explore the city a bit as I had never been properly before. 
  • Started going to the market each weekend with Roberto, and sometimes Marie France as well. It's just a little thing but it's nice to go with somebody :)
  • Went out for a meal with Roberto and his Italian friends at one point, who obviously all talk Italian whereas I don't speak/understand it at all...
  • As a result, started picking up bits of Italian
  • Also been sorting things out for moving very very soon!
  • House warming party (specifically for the bathroom) at Marie France's apartment, followed by my first ever attempt at any kind of skiing the next day! We went as a group to do ski du fond (cross country skiing) which was really fun! At first I hated it as I just could not get it, kept falling over and couldn't manage to get up after. But after a little while I slowly started getting it and had a great time in the end. Definitely got to give it another go sometime soon!
  • And after skiing, we went and had a cheese fondue chez Fabien with lots of wine! Perfect end to the day!
End of October
Lyon!

The Italian making the pizzas of course!

Cosy

Skiing! For once I managed to enjoy the snow!


Laura et Fabien!
The whole gang!

December

  • At the start of December I finally met some family of mine that live no more than 30 minutes away from me! That was really nice, and it's so lovely to know that I have some family close by, especially when they are so kind and welcoming to me despite having never met them before! 
  • Last Saturday night, I went to a club with Roberto and some others which was good fun and hilarious. I think I spent most of it laughing, especially at Roberto's dancing...
  • Then Sunday I headed to Lyon to visit a friend and see the Fête des Lumières (Festival of Lights) which was nice to see, although it was so crowded. Loved the Parc de Tête D'Or with all the Chinese lanterns and stuff, definitely the prettiest part.
  • Then next weekend, I'm moving which I am so so excited for! And then soon it's time to head back to the UK, for the first time in 6 months, for Christmas and to see all my friends and family! :) 
These last two months I have also managed to combat my fear of dentists (well just about) which I am so proud of myself for and I managed to enjoy the snow for once! Although not that I could take my gloves off for any more than 5 seconds though.

Can't believe how fast these last 6 months have passed!

Happy holidays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Grenoble, France
Stories of a year spent working and living in France!
Robyn Buckland 2013. Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance